Westmoreland County Recorder of Deeds
Web Services Help
Simple Search – The simple search is designed for basic searches by users
unfamiliar with the Register’s Office. The user can enter a last and first name
only or do a date search, or the user can be more selective and do both a last
or first name and a date search to search a specific date range.
Advanced Search - The
advance search is designed for users familiar with the Register’s Office. The
user can search multiple fields or a combination of fields. Below is the
illustration of the search capabilities.
Instrument Search- The instrument search is used to search by entering a
book and page, or an instrument number. The result set will return information
that matches the numbers entered.
- Last Name/Organization – Enter either all or a partial last name or an
- First Name – Enter either all or a partial first name.
- Legal Descriptions – Select a field to search using the drop down menu.
If more than 1 field is selected, the return will match all the criteria. It
will be an "AND" search. In other words, if you enter the value "1" in the lot
number field, and "craig" in the subdivision field, the results will be any
document that begins in lot 1,11,12,13,14,etc… in the craig, craigs, craig
johnson, etc… subdivision. All fields are implied wildcards.
- Recorded After – Select a day to start the search. If you want to
search beginning Jan-2-2000, enter Jan -2-2000.
- Recorded Before – Select a day to end the search. If you want to
search documents filed before Jan-3-2000, enter Jan-2-2000.
- Document Type – This field is used to narrow searches to 1 or more
document types. The default is all document types. Clicking on a type will
narrow the search to the selected type. To select multiple types, hold down
the CTRL key.
NOTE - The more selective the search, the more likely the chance
of missing documents.
Westmoreland County Recorder of Deeds Support:
Copyright © 1997-2000 Document Technology Systems, Ltd.